Our Bathtub Re-Glazing Process
- Cover and protect all bathroom fixtures, floors and cabinets.
- Remove overflow valve and lower drain cover from inside the bathtub (if possible).
- Remove all old caulk between Bathtub and wall (we do not caulk over old caulk we start with a clean caulk line for a quality bond).
- Clean Bathtub (this removes all built-up of soap-scum, dirt, grime, body oils, caulk/silicone etc. from bathtub to insure a good bond between bathtub and primer).
- Spray 2 coats of Cross-link Primer (this chemically bonds new glaze to bathtub). Cross-link primer has been field tested for over 15 years.
- Spray 3 coats of Synthetic Porcelain (white, bone or almond).
- The glaze will be dry in 30 minutes & bathtub can be used in 24 hours.
- Re-Caulk the bathtub area and re-install overflow valve and drain cover.
- Clean and vacuum entire bathroom.
- The entire process takes less than 3 hours.